SERVICESEXPERT & FACT WITNESS TESTIMONY
Expert & Fact Witness Testimony
WHETHER FEE SHIFTING, LODESTAR, LITIGATION, FEE PETITIONS – YOU NEED AN EXPERT TO ENSURE THE REASONABLENESS OF THE BILLINGS SUBMITTED
Regardless of whether you are paying the opposing fee application, or submitting your own for payment, at some point you may need an expert to opine regarding the reasonableness of the legal fees in question.
LCC employs experienced attorneys, who have practiced and have been reviewing Legal and Professional billings since the 1980’s. These attorneys have been called upon to testify as Experts in over 60 Federal and State proceedings, and in over 12 Arbitration proceedings. These testimonies have occurred throughout the U.S. No court has ever disqualified an LCC attorney as an expert witness.
As such, LCC attorneys are recognized as the expert to turn to when testimony is required regarding the reasonableness of legal fees.
RECENT EXPERT TESTIMONIES:
- LCC testified as an Expert Witness at deposition on behalf of a foreign corporation, which was sued by its law firm for unpaid billings. LCC was its expert in the successful Counterclaim to recover overbillings incurred in its firm’s representation.
- An LCC Attorney qualified to testify as an Expert Witness in State Court in Pennsylvania.
Testimony was provided on behalf of a corporation involved in class action litigation regarding Plaintiffs’ lodestar fees.
- An LCC Attorney was qualified and testified as an Expert Witness in Federal Court in West Virginia.
Testimony was provided on behalf a corporation regarding the reasonableness of attorney fees charged to it by indemnity counsel.
- An LCC Attorney was qualified to testify as an Expert Witness in State Court in Pennsylvania.
Testimony on behalf of an American subsidiary of a foreign corporation in a fee shifting claim asserted pursuant to the Magnuson Moss Warranty Improvement Act. The hours incurred and hourly rates claimed by plaintiff’s firms were at issue in the case.
- An LCC attorney testified as an Expert Witness at deposition on behalf of a corporation, which sued its law firm to reclaim, among other things, overbillings incurred in the firm’s representation of the corporation.
- An LCC attorney was qualified to testify as an Expert Witness in Federal Court in Louisiana.
Testimony was provided on behalf of the defendant corporation which was presented with legal billings incurred in the defense of the plaintiff corporation. Plaintiff demanded defense and indemnification, and payment of its counsel fees.
- An LCC attorney testified as an Expert Witness at deposition on behalf of the Defendant M.D. The defendant had been sued by his former law firm referable to a claim against the M.D.’s former employer. LCC was hired to review the billings of the law firm and to opine as to the reasonableness of those billings.
- An LCC attorney testified as a Fact Witness on behalf of the Liquidating Trustee’s Objections to Fees and Expenses of a law firm in a Bankruptcy matter.
Regardless of whether the issue is a corporate legal matter, a case management issue, other legal matter or individual matter, LCC can provide you with effective and successful testimony.